The Colorado Genealogical Society Membership
Interested in Membership? Annual dues are just $25 for individual memberships and $30 for family memberships. You can download the application form or you can now use PayPal.
Pay by check
Wish to donate? We have two funds, one for purchasing books for Denver Public Library Western History and Genealogy Collection, and one for the Malcom H. Stern N.A.R.A. Gift Fund to produce microfilms for the National Archives. These funds appear on the application form if you mail in a check. You can donate any amount from $1.
You may also donate to our general operating fund. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. So your donations are tax-deductible.
You can also donate through PayPal by using the button below. After you have entered payment information and go to review and complete, click on "Note to Seller" to get a text box so you can designate where you wish the funds to go. If you do not select a fund, the donation will go to the general operating budget.
The Colorado Genealogical Society was formed in 1924 to:
- Promote an interest in genealogy by encouraging, educating and instructing members and the public in the art and practice of genealogical research;
- Maintain and evaluate genealogical standards by stressing the knowledgeable use of sources and the importance of complete and accurately recorded research;
- Locate, preserve and index public and private genealogical records and to make such records or the information in them available to members and the general public;
- Assist and support the genealogical community in Colorado, including researchers, fellow societies, libraries and archives;
- Publish genealogical and historical information in a quarterly journal known as The Colorado Genealogist, in the CGS Newsletter and in other appropriate publications;
- Create, when deemed appropriate and necessary by the membership, Special Interest Groups to further these objectives. The Computer Interest Group (CIG) is such a group.
Here are the 2011 Revised Bylaws of the Colorado Genealogical Society: Bylaws.